Labels

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One more poem......

I sit beside the fire and think

of all that I have seen,

of meadow-flowers and butterflies

in summers that have been;



Of yellow leaves and gossamer

in autumns that there were,

with morning mist and silver sun

and wind upon my hair.



I sit beside the fire and think

of how the world will be

when winter comes without a spring

that I shall ever see.



For still there are so many things

that I have never seen:

in every wood and every spring

there is adifferent green.



I sit beside the fire and think

of people long ago,

and people who will see a world

that I shall never know.



But all the while I sit and think

of times there were before,

I listen for returning feet

and voices at the door.



I really like this poem from the book The Lord Of The Rings....
My sentiments of there days are so aptly described in the poem, see if u can actually feel the old hobbits & state of mind & relate to it.

No comments: